Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Roosy Road

For the past year I have had the pleasure of living with two great guys, James and Bobby, at the house that has been known as Roosy Road. Yes, there are other houses on the street, but Roosy Road has become synonymous with us three musketeers and our antics, as well as our abode. Although this blog is supposed to be about my new experiences in Canada, I can't help but write about where I'm coming from first. That, and I may have prematurely started this blog so what else is there to write about? (Sorry for the over reminiscent tone.)

So, what has it been like to live in Chateau Roosy this past year?

To steal an over-used analogy, living in Roosy Road started out "like a box of chocolates". I really didn't know what to expect. For one, I didn't even know if I would be living there until a few weeks before my summer holidays ended. On top of that, I couldn't really say I knew my housemates too well. I had only gotten to know James the year previous, and even then I didn't know him too well. Rob/Bobby I knew even less. Before moving in, our acquaintance consisted of a short conversation whilst at the annual student conference at church.

So admittedly, there was some trepidation when first moving in. But after the first day or two, there was no need to be worried or anxious for the year ahead. The three of us got on very well, and quickly took Roosy Road to heights unimaginable. In the past, Roosy Road could only have been described as a bachelor pad. But this year, it was redefined (and refined). James brought an air of sophistication to the house, with Classic FM and Radio 4 being the only two stations streaming from the house radio. Myself, I helped bring Roosy Road to new epicurean levels, with frozen pizzas and fishsticks a long distant memory for the oven. And Rob, he brought the average fitness level of the house up significantly. For the first two terms of the year he was nowhere to be seen on Saturdays, as that's when hockey matches were.

Having lived with both James and Rob in such close quarters, they became quite an influence on me. Classic FM is now a preset on my radio. I also do more exercise.

It's been a great year and we've had a good run. So long Roosy Road.
James, Bobby, and Me



No comments:

Post a Comment