Thursday, 22 March 2012

Food & Family (a mishmash)

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve last updated here.  Things have been rather busy over the last couple of weeks with teaching and coursework that I’ve barely had time to get any of my own research done.

I thought for this post I’d just pull some pictures off of my phone to show you what I’ve been up to.  They generally fall under the categories of either food or family, but not combined.

First up is a turkey lasagna I made a couple weeks back.  I’m not typically in the habit of photographing my food (although there may be some posts suggesting the contrary), but it looked so good in the oven that I just had to snap it for posterity.

2012-03-03 19.17.40

Next up is what happens when you tour a cleanroom where the only have medium sized suits.  A wee bit too much ankle showing for those Victorians, methinks!

2012-03-05 13.52.29

How about family?  This past weekend I went with my parents to visit my grandfather.  It was a special trip because he was being brought into the 21st century!  His previous computer was on its dying breaths—surprisingly after being on this planet for about 15 years—and my dad was setting him up with a brand new laptop.  He has quite a, how do we say, collection (?) of stuff in his place, so I went round snapping pictures.  Me, being in the 21st century decided to play with my ‘hipster’ vintage camera app on my phone.

shot_1332009591711shot_1332009545944

shot_1332009219970shot_1332009185780

shot_1332009322917shot_1332009433579

And what better way to end than with food?

2012-03-21 12.36.27

This was a delicious snack I shared with a friend in Kensington Market.  It’s very much like Camden, only smaller and more reserved (despite how liberal Canadians claim to be).  The little orange slices were not peaches or apricots, as I had presumed, but pickled yellow beetroot!  Imagine my surprise!  It was similar to the time I mistook pickled onions for peeled grapes.

Well that’s it for a while, except I have to mention a prize!  Chosen at random for his comment on February 9th, JP will be receiving something in the mail.  Look out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment