Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Landed


I've now arrived in Canada and am officially resident after spending over eleven years abroad. It was a real relief to finally land in Toronto.

The first leg of my journey took me from Manchester to Newark. It wasn't very cold, but because I had too much stuff to fit in my suitcase, I was layered up in a shirt, wool jumper, tweed jacket, and wool coat. It was not very comfortable, especially with a rather heavy backpack on my back! When I got to Newark, the temperature was 16 C (63 F)! I thought they had a snowstorm just a few weeks ago, but you'd never know.


My flight to Toronto was cancelled so I had to get booked onto a later flight, which meant more waiting in an airport. Suffice to say, hanging around in airports is not my favourite hobby.

I finally arrived at my parents' place and have spent today more or less relaxing and unpacking. And being Canada, it snowed today!


There's not much on the plan this week, apart from sorting out things like bank accounts and mobile phones, but I'll be heading in to the city for church on Sunday, and hopefully I'll start up in the land next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment